David practices a warm, practical,
non-clinical, therapeutic approach.
David Behar has spent a quarter century studying and practicing a safe, comfortable arena in which his clients can explore areas ranging from trauma and substance abuse to men's issues, depression, work-related stress and existential issues.
David focuses his work with clients in the following areas:
- men's issues
- substance abuse
- work-related stress
- existential issues
David is licensed to practice in California and in New York. He lives with his wife and two children in Westchester County and practices here.
David tries makes the therapeutic process fun and enjoyable. His clients not only heal, but they learn how to help themselves to avoid hurting again.
David has worked with adult and adolescent men in every walk of life; emotionally disturbed adolescents; people suffering from autism and other developmental disabilities, chronic mental illness, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and geriatric issues. These experiences led him to a unique and inclusive therapeutic style: Purpose-Driven Therapy (PDT).
David's practice supplies the missing link in modern psychotherapy. This is a blended style which incorporates Existential, Behavioral and Psychodynamics approaches. Clients in Westchester County and Putnam County now can benefit from his warm, humorous, unique and effective approach.
- Using metaphor and humor, David takes a friendly non-judgmental position.
- In some cases, David sometimes likens himself to a consultant
- Clients focus on working through traumas to achieve personal goals.
- Clients identify and achieve their own personal visions for their lives (and the lives of their families and other loved ones).
- With David's help, the Client broadens and deepens his own experience with his own dreams, fantasies, and goals.